Sunday, 20 March 2011

Watch out colourants about!

Benjy has been as sick as a dog this week. After narrowing down what he had eaten, we think the colourant Copper Sulphate (spelt Sulfate in the US) that was in the two different types of chews he ate, may have been what made him sick.

On looking up this colourant online, I was shocked to find out the following -

It's used to clean swimming pools of algae and pests.

It's not toxic in small amounts - My worry is that means an accumulate amount over time is not good for you, or your dog.

From now on, I will be avoiding giving Benjy anything containing this stuff.

Thankfully, he is better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment